My Nia Training has helped me develop a resilient and sustainable lifestyle as I grow older. Topics covered that relate to issues of aging:
- To adjust the intensity of any workout, recreation, or chore to perfectly match your current
needs, ability, and energy.
- Practical methods to improve learning and memory, remembering with body sensations, and for quieting internal chatter so you can learn.
- Develop the ability to literally shift what you feel in your body and life, connecting to joy,
well-being, and accomplishment.
- Communication skills for both speaking and listening effectively. Condition and improve the
sound of your voice.
- To be relaxed and thrive in even the most demanding and stressful conditions. Notice the
natural rhythms of your body.
- Express elements of the Marital Arts, Dance Arts and Healing Arts, such as yoga. Each of the
Movement Forms influencing Nia provides paths for personal empowerment, creativity, and
adaptability, as well as a variety of ways to move.
- Build mental focus, strengthen your nervous system, and enhance your listening skills with
Nia’s unique system for coding and mapping music.
- Playfully explore going beyond your default ways to move and dance. Stimulate creativity,
and invite change into your life and work.
- Anatomy, not from memorizing, but rather, focused on body literacy, enabling you to take
care of your body and address personal needs such as correct postural alignment, enhanced
breathing, and increased flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability.
- Create a path for self-discovery and on-going education. Live into your purpose, discover
your unique gifts, consciously direct actions and choices to become a leader and role model.
- Grow into becoming an Elder.
-Be a sensation scientist, listen and respond when your body is not feeling just right, and
make changes. Enhance body awareness to live comfortably in your body.